Kelly and Mary, our superstar hygienist and dental assistant, have talked to over 300 preschoolers in the last month! Wow! Also, a big shout-out to Nicole, Jennifer and Diane, who have been visiting classrooms, too. The kids just love your visits! Way to spread the word to the little ones about taking care of your smile. #happykidsandhealthyteeth #givebacktothecommunity
10 BEST CHILDREN’S BOOKS ON BRUSHING TEETH These 10 fabulous stories help encourage the importance of keeping kid’s teeth healthy and happy. Try reading one of these fun books when your little cutie is introduced to tooth brushing!
1. Brush, Brush, Brush! This sweet sing-songy board book by Alicia Padron makes brushing teeth fun!
2. Open Wide, Tooth School Inside. This hilarious book by Laurie Keller combines interesting facts and a quirky story. Open Wide is sure to entertain and inspire children of all ages to take better care of their tooth treasures.
3. Melvin the Magnificent Molar. Told from Melvin’s perspective, this tooth book teaches little ones how to have happy healthy teeth. Creatively written by Laura Jana and illustrated by Allison Valentine.
4. Pony Brushes His Teeth by Michael Dahl. Pony learns to brush his teeth by watching his dad. Tip: After reading this book have your child watch you brush your teeth and see if he can learn just like pony!
5. Clarabella’s Teeth by An Vrombaut. Poor Clarabella! She spends all day brushing that giant mouth of crocodile teeth! This spirited story is a fun way to discuss oral hygiene with preschoolers.
6. The Tooth Book talks about who has teeth, who doesn’t, and how to make sure we keep the teeth we have!
7. Have You Ever Seen A Moose Brushing His Teeth? This cute story, written by Jamie McClaine and April Goodman, will inspire children to take care of that smile!
8. The Tooth Book: A Guide to Healthy Teeth and Gums. Miller, combines straightforward advice with little sprinkles of tooth history and lore. Sure to help answer all those questions that your little one has about their teeth!
9. Brush Your Teeth Please. Kiddos will love reading this delightful pop up book by Leslie McGuire! Full of animals and fun this story is an easy way to introduce the importance of brushing your teeth!
10. I Know Why I Brush My Teeth. Sam learns about molars, canines and incisors, baby teeth and big ones, and how to look after them all. Written by Kate Rowan, this book is ideal for children in Kindergarten and older. ... See MoreSee Less